Wednesday 4 March 2015

Why I Keep Coming Back

I'm just off the end of an incredible weekend from the Mom Heart conference held in Dallas. With little time to process the weekend of inspiration, I hit the ground running Monday morning. Small family run businesses don't wait for attention.

However, one aspect of my time away included the return to writing. Originally I thought I would have plenty of down time at the store to write. Yet, God has seen fit to grow the business leaving me only time to satisfy customers, old and new, as they venture into our little community reststop every day.

So now I'm starting tiny...

A tiny new habit of writing to get back in the swing of sharing all that's bubbling up inside my soul.

Presently I am pressing through a Lenten devotion. I like it because it's short and powerful. Today's passage was Acts 2: 42-47:

"They were continually devoting themselves to the apostle's teaching and to fellowship, to the breaking of bread and prayer. Everyone kept feeling a sense of awe; and many wonders and signs were taking place among the apostles. And all those who had believed were together and had all things in common, and they began selling their property and possessions and were sharing them with all, as anyone might have need. Day by day continuing with one mind in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, they were taking their meals together with gladness and sincerity of heart, praising God and having favor with all the people. And the Lord was adding to their number day by day those who were being saved."

This past weekend at the Dallas Mom Heart Conference this is what occurred:

We devoted ourselves to teaching
and to fellowship, to the breaking of bread and prayer
As believers we were together and had much in common in regards to the love for our Lord and our families
We were glad and sincere in heart, praising God 



 For fourteen years I have travelled to spend time with like minded moms, to celebrate the biblical design of motherhood and to grow my faith.

It will most likely take the entire year to process the weekend. But for today I want to share this from my Lenten devotion:

"By Grace, today I fast from the lie that my calling isn't great enough because God isn't calling for people great in skills, schooling, or spotlights---He's calling those simply great in community, in confession, in communion, in courage, great in Christ. Today i will do ordinary things with extraordinarily great love. We repent of wanting to be greater instead of loving greater.

I will keep coming back because it's what I need:

Community
Confession
Communion
Courage
Great in Christ...so I can love greater

Thank you Sally Clarkson, my Mom Heart mentor as well as the tireless servants who fed us so well physically, emotionally, and spiritually this weekend.  We will always keep coming back because it's Jesus that we find year after year...up close and personal. I am eternally grateful for your years of service to thousands of moms across the globe.

3 comments:

  1. Beautifully stated. Thank you Pam for your ministry to me this weekend, as well. I needed this community more than I could have ever imagined and came home more energized, ready to fulfill my calling. My Mom Heart is full. Bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. May the Father continue to pour over and into you. Blessings. I am so thankful for your encouraging words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pam, you are one inspiring woman. I clearly remember meeting you 5 years ago and knowing God was going to use you for greater things. You are a fighter and have such determination. It's been a joy to watch you parent your children, watching you go to Africa to love on others, and to serve your community. You are touching many lives through everything you do. Oh how I wish we lived closer. Remember, "you is beautiful, you is important." Hugs

    ReplyDelete