Tuesday 19 February 2013

The Never Ending Valentine Message










I love it that we still have hearts up at the YMCA on the windows in the lobby. Yeah, I know it's the week after Valentines but there is something happy about hearts, love, and chocolate. It makes my heart lighter going into work each day.

The small orderly part of me wanted to transfer the Valentine decor at home for Easter decor Saturday night because I began the lenten devotion on Sunday but I just couldn't do it....YET

I am thrilled to share with you today that the Valentine message can continue. In my study of 1st John 3: 1-3, the message of love, given by God, can continue forever in our heart and mind. Every day can be Valentines!

"See how great a love the Father has bestowed upon us that we would be called children of God; and such we are. For this reason the world does not know us, because it did not know Him.
Beloved, now we are children of God, and it has not appeared as yet what we will be. We know that when He appears, we will be like Him, because we will see Him just as He is.
And everyone who has this hope fixed on Him purifies himself, just as He is pure."

Who is the eternal Valentine...what does He go by?

The Bestower
 Our Hope
 Our Purifier
 and 
Our Lover, especially meaningful to  a single mom.

What does our Valentine give?

Great Love
Purification
Hope

What does He call us?

Beloved
Children of God

Thank you Father for bestowing your great love upon me, calling me your own, purifying me, giving me hope and making me your child. I love belonging to you.

Happy Eternal Valentines Day! May the truth of who God is become evident to you today is a precious, priceless way.

And please, when He does reveal himself, please share it with me.

Love, 

Pam


1 comment:

  1. This is such an inspirational post. i like your approach towards Valentines day. My best Valentines day greetings to all!

    Anne Walker
    http://messages.365greetings.com/holiday/valentines-day/valentines-day-messages.html

    ReplyDelete