Friday 10 August 2012

The Love Story Continues...meet Sharon and Lawren

It's only five days until we take off for Uganda. Even counting the days on my fingers gets butterflies going in my stomach and quickens my heart rate. Even coming off a phenomenal family vacation to the beach I can't remember a time when I have been so excited about something. I wonder often if how I feel parallels Habakkuk..the old testament prophet who said, "I stand at the ramparts, waiting." It is with the same anticipation I wait for Wednesday to get onto that plane.

Many of you know I have a heart for moms and ministry to moms. It was three years ago I began a Mom Heart group here at the local YMCA, which has included outreach to both moms and children.  I am privileged to contribute my mom heart also at www.momheart.org

Part of the blessing of being a mom is the opportunity to teach and do missions together as a family. We typically participate in whatever we can to be the hands and feet of Christ whether it is sharing with a neighbor or going somewhere else to serve.

It was about three years ago that my oldest daughter Lawren dedicated her life to christian ministry. She spent six months after graduating from high school in Berlin with YWAM in a discipleship training school. Today her plans are to return there in May for a  two year commitment using her gift of dance to minister. She is about to launch a six month period of sharing her dream inviting others to come on board as supporters. She is currently serving at Life's Journey church as a mission's intern. Here is Lawren with Aggie Paech on her recent trip to Uganda in February.


Nothing sweeter to a momma than a child's heart sold out to the Lord.

But something also exciting has been happening in Uganda in the Paech family. Sharon, Aggie's oldest daughter, has been part of a song talent show similar to our American Idol. The competition is over now. Although Sharon was not the top winner, she performed outstanding and make it to the top six.

You will never guess who she dedicated her final original song to......HER MOM. You can read more of the explanation of the song at www.ugandajourney.org Simon explains in the video blog why so many women in Uganda can relate to Sharon's song about mothers. I know I can relate as a single mom as well.

However, whatever your situation is, what a privilege and responsibility it is to disciple your children. I simply cannot write all the hardships that Aggie has shared regarding her abusive marriage and raising her family without a husband. Here is the house Aggie raised her 5 kids in:


In spite of dire circumstances, Aggie Paech trusted the promises of God to be true. The Father has been restoring and redeeming what was lost for Aggie. Part of this process of restoration is the blessing of Godly children.

Enjoy Sharon's video and may you, as well, take seriously the call to make disciples of your children.
Be a part of this story of redemption by clicking on the paypal button along the right side of blog. We are still raising support.



Excited and anticipating,

Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment