Saturday 4 June 2016

Story of the Day....Thursday, June 2, 2016

Probably the hardest part of my job is losing friends who became customers as well. Yesterday after work I attended the estate sale for Ms. Bonnie, who lived a atone's throw from the store. She passed away last fall. Her son Barry Kay played music at the store the previous spring. And I had the opportunity to meet her daughter during our flood victim relief collection when she brought a big bag of donations up to the store. But nothing prepared me to walk into the home of my friend who passed...to see her relics, her style of decor, her kitchen where she cooked. It was an emotional experience. I made my choices carefully to have her keepsakes her in the store and at home. I led a ministry at the local Methodist church for three years. Ms. Bonnie volunteered every chance she could. It reminded me of the importance of leaving a lasting legacy. Every time I think of Ms. Bonnie I am reminded of her servant heart, her kind spirit, and her devotion to God. What are you doing to leave s lasting legacy for your family and your community. ‪#‎leavealegacy‬ ‪#‎storyoftheday‬

No comments:

Post a Comment