Wednesday 25 July 2012

More on the love story in Kisoro

I simply cannot wait to meet Pastor George and his family...mostly because of Lawren, my oldest daughter's experience there in February. As she described the beauty of Kisoro, she also shared the wonderful experience with Pastor George's family. "Mom, you are going to love it in Kisoro. Pastor George's family is just like ours. There are always people in and out of his house."




 In the last 24 hours, including the dishwasher repair man, there have been 14 people around at various times. I won't even start to count the stray dog and her puppies that my kids incessantly are sneaking into the house....or the new hamster that everyone is trying to adjust to since Squirt got out of his cage and went missing.

But there is one word that sums up my excitement about the whole trip: DISCIPLESHIP.

It might take the rest of my life for the reality to sink in that I get to to and make disciples of another nation. I get to participate in a river baptism similar to my own personal baptism. I get to share the importance of discipleship to both women and children.

See, the message is vital because I was one that fell through the cracks. Sure I had Godly people in and out of my life as a child but it wasn't until I wound up pregnant as a young single woman in Dodge City, Kansas right out of college that real discipleship began.

It was then that my church friend Meg began pressing into my life...asking the hard questions, showing up with dinner, inviting me over to hang out with her family, doing life together...all the while whispering the secrets of the kingdom of God to me. And although it was something totally new and even foreign to me, my soul latched on.

I don't want those women and children of Kisoro to fall through the cracks. If the Father allows, I want to whisper the secrets of the kingdom of God to them while I talk about the ministry of Christ and his disciples.




Would you please pray that their hearts be receptive and they too latch on. Furthermore, pray they go and make disciples in their own families and communities.




Yeah! I got the video to work. I hope it works for you as well. Enjoy and thank you for being a part of my love story.

Love, Pam




Please click on the paypal button to the right to give to our fundraising support for this upcoming trip.  


No comments:

Post a Comment