Thursday 3 January 2013

The Power of Life Giving Words

"You is kind. You is smart. You is important",

were the words spoken to the precious child entrusted to the maid in the movie The Help. Unlike the mother, the housekeeper/nannie knew the potential of the child and spoke truth to her daily. Although the grammar may be bad, the power of speaking life into another  human being can be an enormous change factor.




In First John 2:7-14, the apostle as well speaks life affirming words to the believers. In verse 12, the address begins:

"I write to you, dear children, 
because your sins have been forgiven 
on account of His name.
I write you, fathers,
because you have known him who is from the beginning.
I write to you, young men (women),
because you have overcome the evil one.
I write to you, dear children,
because you have known the Father.
I write to you fathers,
because you have known him who is from
the beginning.
I write to you, young men (women),
because you are strong,
and the word of God lives in you,
and you have overcome the evil one."


The more time I spend with the Lord, I am convinced He desires for me to walk victoriously regardless of my circumstances because I have overcome the evil one and am strong because the word of God...a person...Jesus Christ lives in me. (In the beginning was the word. The word was with God and the word was God. He was in the beginning with God. John1:1-2)

I'm not thinking He wants me to push Jesus down anyones throat because He has kindly revealed Himself to me. Yet, I do believe He is looking for me to walk in quiet, confident trust and dependency because He has shown me the truth, even when my emotions have me riding a roller coaster. Fatigue and grief are two that attack me regularly.

What areas might the Father be asking you as well to depend on Him for?

How do the truths of these life giving words in this passage empower you to walk through your present difficulties?

I would love to hear from you!

Love, 

Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment