Monday 30 August 2010

MomHeart Online Bookclub

This summer I participated in an online book club for the first time ever. As a single working mom with a crazy schedule, it is often challenging to find time to attend bible studies. My motivation for the online study was to have great discussions with both my mom and oldest daughter who read and participated as well.  It was a great experience that met my needs for spiritual accountability but never took me outside my home, caused need for a babysitter, or cost me anything other than the cost of the book.


My time this summer prompted me to think about bringing the MomHeart discussion of Dancing with my Father online as well. Our small group is set to start Friday, September 10 at the Heart of the Valley YMCA on Weatherly Road. We meet weekly from 9-1030 and childcare is available. However, this is not a good fit for working mothers or  home school moms.  Hence, the online discussion. So, here are the specifics.


On Friday, September 10 I will post a short discussion followed by questions, which are in the book. You will read the chapter and answer the questions on your own during the week. The following Friday, you will log onto my blog and post your comments from the questions, read others comments, and hopefully be encouraged in your parenting or grandparenting journey to embrace joy in spite of the circumstances of life. 


What do you need to do if interested:  ORDER YOUR BOOK  Dancing with my Father by Sally Clarkson TODAY FROM EITHER OF THE FOLLOWING SITES: www.wholeheart.org or www.amazon.com 


Please contact me through my blog or facebook and let me know you are planning on participating.

1 comment:

  1. i will participate in the study of dancing with my father

    ReplyDelete