Sunday 23 September 2012

I am glad God never forgets...

I am so thankful God never forgets but I often do. My last post was about the great rescue I experienced last weekend as we ushered in two birthdays.

But I forgot someone important. My dear friend Carol Kerstein, who opened up her pool for Hannah to have a swim party.

We had been planning this for months...ever since summer.

So when the time finally came it didn't seem like an apparent rescue. Yet, in hindsight her willingness to open her heart and home to 14 under the age of 12 plus a few parents and friends was the initial phase of the rescue.

We text back and forth of the birthday week wondering would the pool be too cold for a  September party? Hannah played ball at a nearby park til 7:15. So the party was planned from 7:30 to 9:00 pm.


My Hannah Rosie with her friend Hannah B


The kids played, built cheerleader pyramids, and flipped off the diving board for the entire time. It was most likely Hannah's all time favorite birthday celebration.

So, thank you Carol Kerstein for being part of my rescue.

And thank you God that you never forget about us

Take it seriously, that you’re my servant. I made you, shaped youYou’re my servant. O Israel, I’ll never forget you. (Isaiah 44:21-22)

But even if mothers forget, I’d never forget younever. Look, I’ve written your names on the backs of my hands. (Isaiah 49:15)

So, even in my forgetfulness to mention everyone who blessed me last weekend, I am so very thankful to the one true God who never forgets about me or my friends.

Aren't you?


O Happy Day,


Pam



No comments:

Post a Comment